Agility classes here at Rocky Top Mountain K9 Agility, LLC are geared more toward training for NADAC and CPE agility but we do train all pieces of agility equipment. Classes are available for beginner to advanced levels. We offer group classes, privates and semi-private lessons Tuesdays and Wednesdays Daytime or Evening (Earlier during the winter). All privates are by appointment only. Use the contact page to contact us for more information on privates.
Class sessions are once a week for 6 weeks. Classes with 4 teams will run 90 minutes long and 2 team classes will run 60 minutes long. The cost is $60 per 6 week session. We have a limit of 4 teams in our classes. Fill out our Enrollment Form and mail it in to the address listed on the form with your payment. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather you will be notified by phone and the session will be moved to the next week. Depending on weather it could take more than 6 weeks to complete a session.
All classes are held at my home outdoors on grass. Some foundation training will be done in my garage. My outdoor training field is 120’ x 120’ and is completely fenced with chain link fencing. All equipment meets NADAC specifications. There is plenty of shade for you and your dog.
Foundation Agility (For dogs that have never done agility before)
This class will help dog and handler teams learn the skills they will need to be successful when starting agility training. It focuses on becoming a team with your dog. Class will cover, targeting, handling moves, flat work for agility, clicker training, rear end awareness and some basic obstacle introduction.
Beginner Agility (Dogs must have completed Foundation Agility and be at least 8 months old)
This class will focus on introduction to all the agility obstacles (weave poles after the dog is 1 year or older), as well as some simple sequencing and handling skills.
Intermediate Agility (Dogs must have completed Beginner Agility)
This class will focus on more advanced sequences and handling skills, as well as continuing to work on correct obstacle performance and gaining distance on the course.
Advanced Agility (Dogs must have completed Intermediate Agility)
This class will focus on more advanced sequences and distance work.
Items to bring to class
- A copy for us to keep of your dog’s vaccination record (must be up to date on vaccinations)
- A flat buckle or snap collar (no pinch collars or choke collars)
- A 6’ leash that clips onto your dogs collar
- Training treats, you will need plenty of treats for every class. Soft or semi soft work best, some good ones are Bil-Jac and Zukes, string cheese and hot dogs work well also. Portion sizes should be very small and kept in a zip lock bag. We recommend you do not feed your dog right before class so they will be hungry for treats during training and feed lightly their meals on training day.
- Toys work great if they are toy motivated but still bring treats as you will still need them.
Email Colleen if you are interested in private lessons.
Ring Rental is Available for $10 per hour for 1 dog with each additional dog $5
(Dogs must be trained on the equipment they use).
Want to hold a NADAC trial here or any other trial? Ring rental and NADAC equipment are available for rent.
Email Colleen for more information on ring rental.